This week’s theme was portraits. I had a lot of fun with this even though I ran into a few problems. I learned a lot.
For me edits I relied heavily on three things. First I made minor exposure and lighting adjustments in Lightroom. Next, I opened those images in Photoshop and used the doge and burn tools to lighten or darken specific areas of each image. When making enhancements to eyes and teeth I created a levels adjustment layer and selected “Screen” for the mode. Then I changed the layer mask to black to temporarily hide the effects. Then I went over the image with a white brush to bring out the enhanced eyes and teeth.
I don’t like how this one turned out. I think the quality of the image I wanted to edit wasn’t high enough to make the color match function work.